Is it me or Easel - Why is it cutting beyond the area defined

Hey everyone, finally set up my Journeyman x50 and while contemplating software ran into the following dilemma. Fyi, using the trial version of Easel if that matters.

I slab live edge for furniture and need to flatten a slab. Basic easy cut nothing complex, back and forth until flat.

Before I started on my actual piece, I tested it out on a scrap piece 14x7 inches. Homed then zeroed the machine, loaded the GCODE, and started her up. Along the X axis, the cut is going over by about 8 inches, Y is close but not perfect (that’s probably me) and Z is spot on. So why does the router think my work area/cut area is 22x7 instead of what I programmed in EASEL of 14x7?

Hope this makes sense because it’s driving me crazy.

update- so I carved some text and along the x-axis, the letters should be about 1.375 inches x 1.375 inches. Instead, carving them wider to 2 inches. it seems I need to calibrate the X-Axis steps per inch on my onefinity. Y and Z are carving correct height and depth.

Is there a way to calibrate steps per inch?

Hey Jason,

Welcome to the forum!

I have a Journeyman X50 and you have fixed my issue. THANK YOU.

I was able to make my wife a little sign and everything was perfect. Thanks again

1 Like