Design Software for Client mockups

I’m looking for a CAD program that I can just design in, add color, text, etc just to give to clients as a mock up and for marketing. Is there anything out there??

There are a ton of them some free some semi-free and a lot pay. I use Fusion360 with a Personal License. If you search the forum there are a ton of topic on this exact question, a quick search I think you’ll have all the reading material you need.

Cheers’
Alex

1 Like

I use TurboCad Deluxe. There’s a bit of a learning curve, but it’s very powerful. Here’s a couple of pictures I made showing part of an orrery (solar system model) that I made for a client. I can import DXF files from it directly into VCarve.

1 Like

Hey Tim,

do you need 2D vector graphics and text, or 3D models? FreeCAD (see under 3. below) is a package that can do everything, from a simple sketch to a technical drawing, a vector graphics, a 3D model and finally a g-code toolpath for 3D printing or CNC milling. It can export many formats used everywhere.

1 Like

Vectric VCarve Desktop or Pro does a good job. I typically export my design to an SVG file, open it in Chrome, take a screenshot, and edit the screenshot in SnagIt.

1 Like