Dewalt DWP611 Trim Router versus Makita RT0701

I’m about to push the button on a Woodworker. I already have a Shapeoko 3, with a Dewalt DWP611.
My plan is to buy the Woodworker and set it up with the Dewalt, then in a month or so upgrade to a spindle. I know the Dewalt isn’t a great router due to speed control, but I have it available. This will save me $120 for the Makita, which I don’t have an ongoing need for.

Does anyone know if there will be an issue to use the Dewalt Router?

Thanks

Steve

Hey Steve,

yes, its 69 mm diameter. Onefinity offers only milling motor mounts of 65 mm and 80 mm

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks. Looks like I’m getting a Makita.

Steve

Welcome @SteveT!

Yes, as @Aiph5u mentioned, the 611 physically won’t work on the 1F (possibly, if you were to get an 80mm spindle holder & make a reducer bushing).

I’ve had both the DeWalt 611 (on my previous X-Carve) and currently use the Makita on my 1F. I couldn’t stand the DeWalt just from the pure noise factor. That thing screamed like a banshee. By comparison, the Makita is nearly whisper quiet.

1 Like

Here’s a simple adapter ring that may work to adapt a 611 router to an 80mm spindle mount. Would need to make 2, one for top and one for bottom. Small holes are optional for small screws to hold things together. I made something very similar before I got my 1F to adapt a 52mm spindle to the 60mm holder. Made them from corian, but never used them.

Attached file is 69mm I.D. x 80mm O.D. with a 5mm shoulder and a 3mm split for clamping. Might get you by until you get your spindle upgrade (assuming you’d be going with 80mm).

ADAPTER RING.stp (17.8 KB)

2 Likes