Explain like I'm 5 please x50 woodworker vs journeyman

If I order the x50 woodworker and the controller and the screen and the router am I missing anything to start working? What is the difference between the woodworker and the journeyman other than like $500?

Work area dimensions.

Journeyman is 48x32
Woodworker is 32x32

One main advantage of Journeyman’s 48" work area width is being able to work on part of a whole sheet of plywood (48x96).

3 Likes

Size:

Machinist < Woodworker < Journeyman
Baby Bear < Momma Bear < Papa Bear
Small < Medium < Large

6 Likes

With the journeyman you can work on a whole sheet of plywood. You’ll have to do it in 3 stages (32" at a time) because the front and back of the machine are open. It’s called tiling. What you really need to do is try and imagine every project you might want to do. Then figure out what the largest size you will want.

2 Likes

I should be noted though that there are two versions of the Woodworker. The X-35 and the X-50. The X-50 has larger more rigid rails on the X-axis.

The X-50 Journeyman has the same large sized rails but they are longer for a larger work area.

There will be additional items you will most likely want. A table, probe, joystick, possibly a more capable or user-friendly software then the ones that are available for free. And of course…bits and wood!

1 Like

Yes, that is the main reason I went for the Journeyman over the Woodworker.

1 Like