Family Tree Idea's

Hi All

I’ve got a nice piece of Oak which I’d like to put a family tree on and am looking for ideas

Any body got any past projects or ideas for a family tree ?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Have you tried Google for some inspiration? There are a lot of good ideas: https://www.google.com/search?q=wood+family+tree&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALiCzsYIMb-O0eDHSWmDUxBYes658Q3dNA%3A1654026955601&source=hp&biw=1266&bih=708&ei=y3KWYsm7IJG2qtsPjdmOgAc&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYpaA2_RPbk0h4DPzgmbOT_3J3MPj3naa&ved=0ahUKEwiJzYjJwor4AhURm2oFHY2sA3AQ4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=wood+family+tree&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBggAEB4QBTIGCAAQHhAFMgYIABAeEAgyBggAEB4QCDIGCAAQHhAIMgYIABAeEAg6CAgAELEDEIMBOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToICAAQgAQQsQNQAFjsJmCQMWgAcAB4AIABkwGIAYQPkgEEMC4xNpgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1n&sclient=img
-Alex

2 Likes

Thanks Alex, I’ll take a look

Regards
Dave

1 Like

A friend of my wifes got one made up using scrabble blocks. Not CNC, but that is a project i’ll be looking at doing when my journeyman, completes his journey to down under

Here’s on I made with a oak picture frame so it will highlight whatever wall color you hand it on.

3 Likes

Very nice! I especially like having the frame behind the tree! Well done!

1 Like

Yes I agree, its very nice

1 Like

I saw a project on instructables awhile ago incorporating inlayed pennies, each penny minted in the birth-year of the corresponding individual on the tree.

The project, itself, looks very basic but it’s definitely a nice concept.

1 Like