New project. Tree frames

3rd project on red oak, I am still very impressed with the Onefinity and I am glad I made the investment.
Couple of things would make it even more perfect is adjustable feed speed and pause that actually works.
Back to the project, the frames will be separated and I will either do a laser outlay on the tree or two tones stain.

18 Likes

Amazing looking piece Sam. How long did this take to carve and what size TBN did you use?

2 Likes

Thanks Grant
It’s 23” x 16” x 075” red oak piece. The bit was actually a 0.25 ball nose running on 10% step over. Total time was 6 hours, ET with a TBN was over 20 hours and I didn’t feel the need to invest that much time on it :grinning:

1 Like

What feed rates did you use on this project? I always felt like i couldn’t find the sweet spot on my old cncrouter with ball nose endmills.

1 Like

For this and being Oak I went with feed rate 50” and plunge 30”

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have to try those on my next project

1 Like

Thanks for the feed rate Sam, but could you please share the RPM’S also. Your project is awesome.

1 Like

Nice how are you separating panel
Onefinity or table saw
Was there much sanding needed
Or what bit did you use
Once again nice ty

1 Like

Thanks, it was between 2 and 3 on the Makita

Thanks,
Table saw but I need to do the laser overlay first. No sanding needed IMO although I might give it a quick polish with steel wool.

Final product, at least for now. I will make a matching oak frame once I have time.

11 Likes

WOW Sam, this turned out awesome with finish on it.

1 Like

Thanks Grant. It was a fun project.

You should be really proud of that. Great job. Thanks for sharing it with us.

1 Like