Another happy customer

Just a quick shoutout to the Onefinity team for all their hard work on the design, QC and unparalleled customer service.
I am new to CNC but I did my research for few weeks before deciding on the Onefinity and I am not disappointed.

Below is my first cut, aside from going a little deep on the Z which I need to figure out I am very happy with the results. Happy new year to everyone.

12 Likes

14 Likes

Looks awesome! Happy New Year!

1 Like

That’s awesome! How did you manage the little pieces that came loose inside the pattern? Did you pull them out as the carve went on?

1 Like

Yes, removed them as the job was running. The double sided tape secured the overall piece but it was useless on the cutouts

You should try adding tabs in your program… yes you may/probably have to do a little cleanup by hand afterwards, but it does help keep the cut-outs from moving or flying out and chipping the surface layer.
Note: The Z height is somewhat important when leaving very thin tabs.

1 Like

I agree and I had tabs for the overall piece but considering the number of small pieces it was going to take a lot longer than I am willing to spend on it :grin:
Short of a vacuum table I can’t think of anything else to hold them without a lot of prep tape/glue or post cleanup tabs.

Similar piece today with good results

7 Likes

Yeah, a vacuum table !!
Besides tabs or vacuum, not many options.
BTW, those look amazing!!!

1 Like

If everything is dialed on really well you can leave a super thin layer and sand through it after

2 Likes

Key word, “If”. :wink:
It breaks down to $$ for equipment vs $$ for the project.
I also have an industrial size router table with a killer vacuum pump. The vacuum does have it’s limits for very small cut-outs.

2 Likes

What bits are you using to cut does?

1 Like