First thoughts on the new 24W Jtech Laser

@grosslr I am using the stock mount and the suckit dust boot (front mount). Thus far I have not had any issues with the mount crashing into the dust boot. I did have one cut with some thicker stock and a deep cut where the mount came in contact with the dust boot, but not to the point where anything broke or that it caused any interference in the cut.

Hope this helps!
Erik

1 Like

Thanks Erik, I guess I will just have to try it and see. I have a habit of putting a smaller spoilboard on top of my regular spoilboard to keep from messing up my main spoilboard. Dumb, I know. I think if I keep that top one off, it will be ok. If not, I will put some thumb screws on the laser mount to take it off quickly.
I hope to actually try the laser out this week and your post has helped me quite a bit.

Thanks again

Ron

2 Likes

@grosslr Ron, update to my previous reply. I was surfacing some rough lumber over the weekend and I did in fact have to remove the laser mount to prevent it from crashing into my dust boot. The surfacing bit that I have has a short shank (at least shorter than the cutting bits I normally use), so the z axis had to move about a half an inch lower than I typically need it to. So for right now the mounting bracket is off, and I plan on just throwing it back on the next time I use the laser. If you find a better solution, let me know. I thought I was going to be able to avoid this issue.
Erik

Thanks for letting me know. I have ordered some thumb screws for mine, so I will be able to remove the laser mount faster, without having to find the right tool. I think that will be ok. I’m not sure I would trust the magnetic mount with that particular laser, since it seems pretty heavy. Maybe someone else has tried it and can let us know how it works. I can 3d print the mount if needed.

Thanks

Ron

Did you ever get the library for 24w?
if so can you please share. Thank you.

Received my 24w today. Initial impressions are that cutting power is quite impressive for a diode. Zips right through 1/4 walnut in a single pass at 10ipm. I can definitely put this to good use.

I never did find one.

I am attaching mine, don’t use without validating on scrap…

jtech-24w-materials.clb (14.7 KB)

I realize this is an old post but if you have not yet, check into Louisiana Hobby Guy. “La hobbuguy” Become a member and under members only he has Art Library and Material Library for different lasers. A 20 watt will get you close for different materials.

1 Like