Flipping Y rails?

Had anyone attempted to flip the rails yet on the elite?

Would like to put the y motors in the front wires in the back and right vs left on the x.

I know this is involved but if someone has braved it i would appreciate it… or better yet a how to vid from @OnefinityCNC .

J.

1 Like

Btw i did order the cable extensions and are the same quality as original cables.
I was able to move the masso to the right side without using all the cables. Leftover cables shown on table.

Would still like either the ability to rotate y rails or the ability to order single cables. I would need two additional rail cables to do what i was intending.

@OnefinityCNC will there be the ability to order individual cables in the future?

Thanks

2 Likes

Any chance i can buy a switch cable.

I want to move my x switch to the right instead of the left

As to your other question… i don’t see why you couldn’t… really just need to flip the x around and rotate the table.
I’ve seen the settings in masso to change things like homing position, and motor inversion, it would probably take some playing with to get it to work right, but i don’t see why it can’t be done.

You would have to mount the masso unit somewhere else because the motors would cover the mount, which I’m assuming you knew you’d have to do so just pointing out the obvious

@ChrisS im going to hang onto the cables for awhile. looking at other options that may need them. i wish you could purchase individual cables. these cable aren’t cheap.

1 Like

yeah… been looking at this. looks like flipping drag chains would have to happen as well. got way to many irons in the fire right now to try it. usually like tackling stuff like this, but don’t want the cnc down that long for a ‘maybe’ fix.
im sure eventually someone will figure it out.

I have read so much about interference being an issue but I must have been really lucky as I have never had an issue with it (that i know of). i even have everything running on a single 30amp circuit. granted I’m using the Makita (with a Ferrite) not a spindle and the only reason I haven’t upgraded is I do not have the ability to upgrade the power… yet. will be more concerned about it then.

i have also see some after market cable wraps. may look into that in the future.

It’s cool. I understand… i hold onto parts too, and yes I’m a little bummed they won’t sell just 1 cable. Next step is to investigate the connector and see if i can source it so i don’t “ruin” a switch

I plan to flip my machine aswell, just seems like then the dust boot/ hose would live more over the table that way and I only have 3ft in front of the table so a few extra inches matters haha if i actually get to it will let you know how it goes!

2 Likes

Was so far anyone successful in flipping it? I would like to do the same as in my setup every inch in front of the machine mattes.

I am in the process of doing my upgrade plan to leave my yY’s flipped. Should know if successful in a day or two.