How to undo the upgrade to 1.1.1

How do I undo the upgrade to 1.1.1? And should I go back to the previous version or the new 1.2?

Have a look at this page you will find all the info for you

1 Like

Hellbuff, I installed the 1.1.1 and am sorry I did. All I have had was problems. I am waiting for my Anker so I can reflash the SD Card to either 1.0.9 or 1.2. I have not decided yet but have both. Once I installed 1.1.1 I get error messages and cannot cut. So I am sitting and doing nothing.

Before I start taking apart the controller and installing software to flash back and update manually, do we have any idea when 1.2 will be released (after beta) for wifi update?

Regarding flashingā€¦ I had gone from 1.0.9 to 1.1.1, had issues. I went back to 1.0.9 but never flashed. I understand that you can go from 1.0.9 to 1.2 but I was concerned about having any residual issues from the back and forth, and wanted both a clean install and clean peace of mind.

I followed the instructions and flashing the SD card is actually pretty easy. I was sure to follow the step 11 after re-booting which is reseting the configuration to the proper machine. I then took a few mins and made sure all my settings were correct. The whole process took around 20 mins, and for as much time as I use this machine, I thought it was worth it.

Just FYI to say the flash was pretty easy in my opinion.

1 Like

Did you have an issues when you avoided flashing and went back to 1.0.9? I was mislead by several YouTube videos of people downloading the 1.1.1 firmware so I did it myself yesterday didnā€™t have it downloaded for more than 5 mins before I read not to do it, Iā€™m not gonna trouble myself with reflashing, whatā€™s the worst that could happen? I use my one finity for personal enjoyment I do make and sell occasionally so itā€™s not like I need it for a job similar can afford downtime while I figure out any issues.

Hi Jacob - I did not have any trouble going back to 1.0.9 without flashing. I think is froze one time after that, which in my mind I was worried that it was not the same 1.0.9 as before, but I have run. 1.0.9 for months after and it was the same rock steady system as before.

I will say, I have run 1.2 for several days, and it seems to also be solid. As OF has said, it is built from 1.0.9 and I would agree it seems good so far.

I donā€™t think this reply answers the OPs undo question.

I have the same question, and this answer leaves me with the following:
Is this the only way to undo 1.1.1?
Is it essentially the only safe way to undo 1.1.1?
Is it possible to simply put 1.0.9 on a flash drive and use the upgrade methodology to ā€œupgradeā€ back to 1.0.9?

I wish the 1F reply had elaborated a little rather than just re-posting information that was already available.

It is the ONLY complete way to undo 1.1.x family of firmware.

No, you cannot ā€˜updateā€™ back to 1.0.9 via a usb flash drive.

answers were here:

1 Like

I did the update to 1.1.1 before I found out about the bugs. I watched the OninintyCNC video on how to reflash the firmware. It was very simple and straightforward. The only issue I had was that the video shows the top cover of the controller sliding back far enough so that you can pull out the SD card. On my X50 Woodworder I had to unplug the two large connectors at the front of the Controller before the top plate would slide back. Once I figured that out, the rest was simple.

1 Like