How to Wire a Stepper Motor Brake (Back to Wall Mounting)

Hey Justin,

sorry that today I could not find the time to continue the post above :frowning:

I would agree to this. I am an electronics person as well as a woodworking person, so I can achieve the electronics solutions that are needed for this purpose.

pin 15 is the ‘tool-enable’ pin, that is activated with the ‘tool-enable-mode’ setting on the TOOL page, which means, pin 15 is triggered through the g-code command “M3 (start spindle)” and “M5 (stop spinde)”, and also when ‘estopped’ mode is entered (but not when big red button on the Onefinity Controller box is hit! Connect a big red button to pin 23 and ground on the 25-pin I/O port to make a big red button use of activating the ‘estopped’ mode).

The ‘tool-enable’ functionality is out of use when the ‘tool-type’ on the TOOL page is set to one of the VFDs for driving a spindle, since then the buildbotics-derived Onefinity Controller supports Modbus over a RS-485 serial communications line (unlike Elite Series/Masso G3 who do not) and controls the VFD over the serial ModBus port. But unortunately pin 15 ‘tool-enable’ cannot be assigned to be used to something else.

However the possible solutions for wiring the motor brake are not that complicated.

But unfortunately I can’t write more at the moment, got to leave again!