I would like to share my CAD model of my machine

It’s very cool of you to respect their request.

1 Like

Even though I am sad not to be able to use the model, I support your decision.
Although it is true that without cloned and mass produced parts from China, the Onefinity CNC wouldn’t exist at all…

3 Likes

First, well done. I also appreciate Onefinity’s perspective - and I think their concern is genuine. The only reason I am responding is because it reminds me of something. I can’t find any details online, so it could be me misremembering - or just me being bad at internet searching. I recall hearing years ago about how the space shuttle blueprints were stolen by the KGB. But some of the blueprints had been strategically altered to thwart the efforts of the Soviets. Unfortunately, it would not be easy to alter the Onefinity plans in a similarly subtle way. But it would be satisfying to create chaos for individuals looking to take advantage of this kind of open sharing.

1 Like

First day on this forum and already scored something really awesome. Big thanks to Josh!

1 Like

At Onefinity’s request, I will not be uploading my CAD publicly.

And to the many people who have directly messaged me, I will also not share my CAD privately with you. I cannot guarantee that my CAD won’t be reuploaded without my or Onefinity’s consent. I am sorry.

4 Likes