Intricate 2D Cut Help w/ Fusion 360

So this lake has me stumped. (pic attached of outline)This is for a christmas gift (a very late one lol) and I am planning on doing an epoxy fill in it.

The Problem: The lake is so intricate, that no matter how small of a bit I order/use/likely break, it wont get all the detail properly. The only way to do it I feel is with a v-bit, but I cant for the life of me figure it out.

I dont mind if the edges don’t get to full depth as the epoxy fill will handle any discrepancies.
There has to be a way, but I haven’t figured it out yet. Thoughts?

Happy to provide the fusion file if that helps.

Try using a combination of a 2d pocket with an endmill to clear out a flat bottom and the engrave toolpath for the contours using a vbit.

1 Like

I bought an Amana 18 degree vbit to do a recent handwritten recipe gift - details were often 1 mm. Perhaps also explore the trace toolpath.

Ahhhhh… ok. That looks like it will do the trick. Thank you!
Now that I see the simulated toolpath, it looks like this is exactly how that ToolsToday logo video was created too…

Check out this post and the one I linked in the OP for some tips on flat bottomed carve + v-carve in Fusion.

If you can’t figure it out through Fusion360, try an “Advanced V-Carve” in Carbide Create.