JTech 7W Laser Mounting when not in use

Polling here to see what everyone does with their laser when its not being used.

I don’t want to be constantly plugging / unplugging my laser wires to remove it from the machine.

I’m looking at 3D printing a mounting bracket so it sits above my router when the laser is not in use. I’m a little concerned with putting it here due to vibration while machining wood.

What do others do with the laser when its not being used?

Thanks

Steve

I 3D printed a magnetic attachment where one side stays bolted onto the machine to allow me to remove/install the laser without needing tools. So I unplug the laser and remove it when it is not being used. I don’t use the laser anywhere near as much as the CNC so I have never been too concerned with possibly damaging the laser wire connections with excessive use.

1 Like

I’d gladly model something up if someone can 3D print it!

Appreciate the help Nick. I’ve got my first prototype in progress printing right now. I’m pretty sure I’ll end up with a couple of improved versions before I call it good.

Thanks

Steve

I just bought a used 7W off another forum user and I’m interested in your solution!

I should have Version 1 up and running tomorrow, will post a pic. I have a dust collection hose holder above my router, so I added an extra fixture on that for the laser. I have the 7W also. I’m really impressed by the laser.

Here is what I designed and made for holding the 7W laser on my machine when its not in use.
I think the magnets need to be a little stronger, so the laser won’t drop off easily. I might make it so it sits in a tray, so if it does come loose it doesn’t drop down onto the workpiece.

1 Like