Just before last pass Soft Limit Error

I am not sure if this should be happing or not. While running a profiling toolpath on the last pass I received the following error. Z axis position -134.287mm is less than minimum soft limit. I assume that I inserted my bit to deep into the collet.

I was under the impression that the planner was reading the tool path and would have calculated the error before allowing me to start the tool path. Instead 90% of the tool path executed then on the last pass I received the error and had to lower my bit out of the collet and then zero the Z again and restart my tool path.

Has any one else had this issue and what is the best way to be sure to avoid it from happening again?

1 Like

Hi Mike - I know this has happened to someone else, though I don’t know a solution was determined. Yes, the planner should warn you in advance. Maybe posting the gcode would help. Also, what version are you running?

-Tom

Hi Tom,
Thank you for the reply. I am running v1.0.8 The code I was running is a profiling tool path with a 1/8 inch endmill (Whiteside RU 1600) Cutting 1/2 inch oak. The bit was not placed very deep in the collet.

The attached file is the code for the tool path that had the issue.

2 PitBull KeyRingProfile 1.ngc (44.4 KB)

Regards,
Mike

Hey did you figure out the issue? If so cause i’m seeing a similar issue

1 Like

Hi Enso,
No not exactly. However I did find a way to ensure that it does not happen. I make sure that before I probe for Z0 that I load the tool path that I going to run.

Thinking back to when I had this problem, I am sure that I first probed for Z0 before loading the profiling tool path.

Mike