Just got done with a rough setup of my Gen 2 Foreman!

Honestly a pretty decently easy setup. I did run into two small issues -

there was no power cord for my HMI. Fortunately, I had an extra laying around for my 3D printer. I’m assuming they just forgot to send it - or maybe they don’t come with one? Either way, small setback.

The second is the HMI itself…there is a screw rattling around inside of it right out of the box. I was able to get it to show itself at a fan vent hole at the bottom and just said the hell with it and left it. It doesn’t seem to be causing problems and I didn’t want to open the case up just to figure it out - but yeah…screw just rattling around inside there haha!

I’m still waiting for my ATC to arrive. Not sure why it didn’t come with everything else, but the UPS tracking still doesn’t show it moving despite everything else arriving.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy everything was to put together. I’ve built two 3D printers and am pretty savvy with this stuff. The manuals and videos are kind of all over the place. I feel like some of them have outdated info or different controllers and there are certain things that aren’t covered at all. For instance, I didn’t run across anything that said how to put the QCW legs together from start to finish, but there were videos or manuals that covered upgrading it in some way and I was able to piece it together. That thing is STOUT, by the way! I am very impressed with how nice the legs and QCW are.
I haven’t checked to make sure the spindle is trammed and the manual doesn’t really cover it, but I’m hoping that just isn’t an issue.

I think I’m a couple of days from being ready to make my first cuts but I’m super excited. Other than the crazy long shipping time, I’m loving the experience so far!

It should have come with a power cord. Have you opened every box yet? if not, let support know and they can send one out!

You can remove the 6 silver screws from the front of the screen bezel to get at the loose screw inside. Support could help identify where it came from.

Here’s the video that shows how to put the qcw and leg kit together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6Fwnkw8_E

Don’t worry about tram until you start cutting a few thing and get to know the machine first. Then, worry about tram if needed.

Would love to see some pictures of your setup!

Thanks for the reply! I just got done breaking down the boxes and there was definitely no 110v power cord. Should I email someone to get one sent?

I’ll get brave tomorrow and take the bezel off the screen and see if I can find the home for the screw. More to follow!

Here’s a picture so far! Still need to cut the spoil board out and do some cable management. The dust boot adapter for my collector is cranking on the 3d printer. Running the spindle break in now. This thing is so cool!