Just ordered my CNC

Yeah. #13797. Now wait impatiently a few months. Lol. I am so excited to get started.

7 Likes

Welcome to the hurry up and wait club :slight_smile: Lots of good information here to pass the time and learn during the wait.

2 Likes

Thanks. I am looking forward to it. I can see there us a lot to learn.

Welcome to the family Darren! You gonna love it here, perhaps as much as you’ll love your OF :blush:

2 Likes

Totally agree, “the hurry up and wait club”. I’m confident none of us will be disappointed in the end though!
Welcome aboard!
If you’re like me, you’ll be wearing out the forum threads while waiting. lol

1 Like

Welcome aboard! You have lots of time now to read the forums, research software and prepare for the big day!

1 Like

I feel your excitement, welcome to the community. Like you I am awaiting the arrival of my new “baby” lol

I figured I would start on an enclosure for the CNC. Since I got some time to build it. Does anyone have plans they coukd share? Thank you.

May 2nd for me, newbie to the craft so I am taking this time to train everyday and make as many templates as Possible. 3 months to break my first bit 🥸 going with VCarve Pro.

2 Likes

May 2nd for me too, im also looking at vectric, initially going with vcarve desktop and will then upgrade to pro once i get the hang of it or start a project bigger than 24x24, roll on May!!!

1 Like

I just ordered mine and I’m number 14017 (Week of May 23rd) delivery.

1 Like

What did you go for, machinist or woodworker? Like the majority of us you now have a few months to look into cable management, enclosures & software, however as i found everyone is extremely helpful an supportive on here so don’t hesitate to ask questions, the more machines that get delivered the more users there will be with practical experience

I ordered the Woodworker.

Goes by quick, I ordered mine in August and got mine end of January. Haven’t set it up yet finishing orders with the xcarve and then hopefully starting the learning curve portion next weekend.

1 Like

I just ordered mine this week, the “Woodworker”. :grinning: But the wait will help me to get on the ball with software choices and such. I have dabbled a bit with G Code, but it was mostly 2D in a MFG environment, but the “CAD/CAM” world is not far from being “alien” to me.

3 Likes