Keep Clean AND Cool

For those that have placed the controller within a separate enclosure, are you providing additional filtration and/or supplemental fan for increased air flow to address the mutually antagonistic needs for clean air and heat dissipation?

Hmmm, no responses. My thought was to add a fines filter in front of the inlet to the controller box, but small enclosure fans are not very powerful so that I might be restricting airflow too much with the filter. That led to thinking perhaps I should get a small supplemental PC-style fan and build a complete enclosure around the controller.

If you fully enclose the controller remember you lose access to the power switch and the physical emergency stop. I would not restrict airflow to the controller so if you do filter it ensure there is ample air space to keep cool or have az separate fan for pulling air though the filter.

I have opened some pcs over the years that were absolutely disgusting inside. I imagine blowing air through the controller regularly will ve adequate if you are not dealing with metal chips. If doing metal I would position the controller where it is safe from ingestion of the chips.