Laser/router job process question

So up there when you say “load your file 0x,0y,0z make the laser mark. Now hit start your laser will lift up (I assume should stay in home spot?) then hit stop then run the M03 S15 is it still in the original marking? mine is not.”

What file are you loading? And you are zeroing x y and z then hitting start. What are you starting?

loading file i made in vcarve tool paths the gcode ect. I do still save each tool path under a separate file. zeroing x,y, and z then hitting the play or start to run the gcode. so my laser only contains laser markings

Ok I got you there. So what are you showing in your pictures up there? It isn’t returning to the original zeroed spot?

pictures on the 2nd one if you look about 45 deg from where the laser is hitting you will see a bit of a darker area that darker area is where i hit the switch and went full power for a mil of a sec. the laser is on after i start the file not where my xy was set too. I found where i might be screwing up? maybe? in vcarve if you have a job with laser and router, I make the laser tool path with laser Post processor selected for the laser. then i make my router tool path, then i hit save and i have a PP option once more do i select the laser PP or the router PP? it has both

I would choose “selected toolpath” when doing that. The way you have it now seems like it is going to save both of those toolpaths with the Onefinity inch post processor. If you do selected toolpath you will check the toolpath you want and the the post processor you want and save it then coke back and uncheck that one and check the other toolpath and change your post processor to the other one and save the gcode. The one you chose would work good if you have multiple toolpaths for the same post processor

Also don’t forget to either turn off your laser when cutting with the router or go into your “Tool” settings in the controller and change from PWM to None. I just always take my laser off my machine and make sure it is turned off.

it does save the file in a different format for the laser now. going to give it a shot

I dont know about alignment yet but it sure does act different in hopes…

that got me super super close. going to stop using the probe so i can get a better feel for it. think after i do it a few times ill be landing it. I think

I haven’t used my probe yet I normally just eyeball it but most of my cuts I have extra space on all sides so I don’t have to be precise so it works fine. But let me know how things work

I have a bunch of small parts and i use the nesting option so it crams everything in a space. so if one thing is off it shows :frowning:

Yeah I understand you there hopefully you can get it working the way you need. I’m sure it’s a simple fix normally is, just figuring it out sometimes takes a bit

with the OF and the laser this should be able to be made correct?3d pattern rooster laser cut
Just making sure this is not a unrealistic goal

Yeah that looks possible but not sure how long it would take. Would be a bunch of cutouts and engravings on the plywood. It would just depend on what speed the laser can cut all the way through the plywood. JTech says it can cut through it on their website but I haven’t seen anyone on here try it yet. But if you had the cut plans/files and assembly instructions I’m sure it could be done. As long as the wood you’re using can be cut all the way through with the laser. I know most people use that thinner plywood for stuff like this.

actually the file comes with a router version then you just use the laser for the markings. But they have to be lined up prefect. I have made a few things from makecnc that came out really nice
wooden steam train.jpg - Google Drive bird houses a few other things I was trying to show how close the laser engravings are to the cuts that is the quality im looking for.

Oh ok cool then yeah should be pretty good to go

I think that got me to where i need to be. Its not prefect yet. but useable:) alignment - Google Drive

1 Like

repeatable as well:) I blame Vcarve for tricking me Lol… ill post a picture tomorrow of what ya help me make… thank you for your help.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad it’s working better

Ran out of hours to work on this but you can see everything is aligning good now linedup.jpg - Google Drive

1 Like