Looking at the Jianken Chinese 2.5KW ATC spindle

Which model are you considering?
I have installed one and am happy with it thus far - if you search for “Masso G3 ATC build update…” in the forum you can see my progress.
A quick shot at your questions, and a ‘preface’:
It is an expensive option to add, time consuming, and will require you to accept that you will need to research all aspects of the build fully - for me it was and remains fully worth it.

1. I am sure the extra bearing helps, but the 2.2Kw model I got (*search forum on why this rating is actually an overstatement) was more to match it with the rigidity of the CNC (and price).
  2. Mine uses an air seal which requires it to be on constantly. My CNC is in the basement, so I purchased a small quiet compressor, that just manages to keep up - air seal, tool changes, air blast, mister, etc… It is a King 10ga 4.4CFM@90PSI. I also have a small California Air Tools as a standby, but have not needed it yet.
  3. My spindle cable was a short small bundle of 4 wires - rather poor in my mind. I didn’t mind as I had a different plan for connecting it via a high quality Lapp cable to the VFD. Besides the Jianken spindle cable (flying leads), I tried to follow best wiring/electrical practices throughout - costly but worth it for my own peace of mind.
  4. I invested in a Hitachi WJ200 series VFD sized appropriately for my spindle.
  5. I invested in an Igus energy chain - it is substantial at 20mmx100mm - and is just big enough. As an example, it currently holds one large VFD cable, one large bundled data cable for the spindle, two water hoses, five spindle air hoses, and additional hoses/cables for stepper motors, MQL system hoses, manual oiler lines, sensors,…
  6. See note above re forum posts. There are others here that have similar set-ups that may also respond with additional information. Once you have thoroughly researched the topic you may have more specific questions.
  7. No way to know how much time you have already invested so … cost, time to research, acquire new knowledge and skills, as well as to build, patience,…