Looking for a Carveco/ArtCam Mentor. I Can Pay in Bad Puns And Scifi Book Recommendations

Hey all,

I have been teaching myself through videos and experimentation but would like to connect with someone who’s learned the little shortcuts or figured out some pretty good workflows before I move up to spending some real money on Maker +.

Lately I’ve been doing a lot of 2-sided machining for small custom boxes with 3D relief lids.

Seems like a lot of folks out there with Aspire experience and there’s no Carveco specific forums out there.

-Ty

Hello Ty,
Have you tried contacting Carveco through their web site? You can upload a model and any questions and they’ll get back to you quickly. There is also a forum on the site so you can pick some of the best minds on the software. They have excellent customer service!

2 Likes

Thanks Ron, I had totally missed their forum and did not realize that I could get that kind of feedback directly from the company. Forum is a bit of a ghost town, but I guess you’ve got to build community where you can.

2 Likes

Hey Ty, I use carveco+. I am still learning and no expert by any means, but have been able to do pretty much every project I have come up with. If you or anyone else using this software needs help you can pm me. Can’t say I will have all the answers but I will do what I can to help. I think a strong community is a great resource if we can make one where there is not one. Here is just as good as any considering the software is sold on the OF website.

3 Likes

I’ve loved the projects you’ve posted. I’m just using maker right now and trying to decide if I want to make the jump go maker+ so that I can start editing some of the reliefs and objects that I am importing.

1 Like

Hey all,

We have a complete training guide here Training : Carveco Fundamentals but if you are looking to connect with someone, we have a Carveco Maker and Maker Plus Group on Facebook, which is more active than our Forum.

Our Forum is small at the moment, as we created a number of different channels for people to connect with us and waited to see where people gravitated, at the moment most are using our Facebook Maker and Maker Plus Group, although we are active everywhere we can be.

1 Like