Looking for pros and cons of CAD/CAM software

Pros
Can make awesome Items !!!

Cons
Hard to learn, even watching videos
:smile:

Best dang overview Iโ€™ve read to date. Thanks for taking all the โ€œbruisesโ€ for me and then taking the time to explain it all out.

1 Like

Complete beginner and currently trying to figure out the complication of what software to chose. Thank you for this response in simple newbie terms :raised_hands:

Adaptive clearing is an advanced feature but just learned Carveco does not offer any kind of adaptive clearing toolpaths. Not that it makes a big difference when using wood and for most applications but it should be added to the cons list when comparing these products. Adaptive clearing toolpaths are used to help eliminate tooling marks. Not sure about vcarve but I do know fusion360 offers these.

1 Like

I agree with MikeH. I use both Fusion 360 and Vcarve (pro for me) V-carving is much easier in V-carve. If i am not doing a V-carving I prefer using Fusion 360. It just gives a bit more control on the tool paths.

Check out my new video where I go over the feeds and speeds of the common bits I use. Whiteside 1" 3 flute surfacing bit, Amana Tools Spektra 1/4", 1/8" 2 flute down cut bits and my Freud 1/16" fine detail straight bit. These are my setting and they work great for me. I also get more in depth on Fusion 360 on how it sets up the rpm, feet per tooth, plunge, feed speed and some extra little settings to get the best cut you can.

4 Likes