Mach3 with the ONEFinity

Can Mac3 be used with the ONEFinity in place of the interface that comes with it. If so how do you hook it up.

My son and I are waiting for our ONEFinity Woodworker which is scheduled to ship early in March. We can’t wait!

1 Like

John - should be doable. However, how you hook it up depends on the controller you use. Bill (@Machinist) has done something similar using a Gecko controller.

-Tom

1 Like

You can, but it’s not for the faint of heart. A computer running Mach3 or other machine control software will not directly interface with the Onefinity controller. In order for Mach3 or UCCNC or any other control system to work, you first have to lose the existing controller and hook up different stepper drivers & break-out-board, or use an all-in-one driver/BOB like the Gecko G540 or OpenBuilds ‘Black Box’ which will interface with the PC running the control software. Even then you won’t have any homing functionality available unless you somehow manually home the machine, or install homing switches.

I was afraid of that, but thank you for your clear explanation of the issue. Guess I’ll just have to use the one coming with our machine.