Makita Router Duty Time

How long can I run a Makita Router before it will need to take a break? I am purchasing a second machine for my shop. I mostly do 3d carving with a v-shaped bit and I typically run the machine non-stop from ~6AM to ~9PM. I never cut deeper than 1 mm at a time. How long will a Makita Router last running all day like that (very little stress on the router due to the depth of cut). Obviously I will have to replace the brushes often. I am trying to figure out if I can get by with the router or if I will need the spindle. I currently use a spindle, but am considering a router for my second machine due to the cost savings and simple installation.

After using up 2 routers in the first year I switched to the Makermade router I like it, now I keep a the latest makita I bought as a spare. Each of the makitas had speed control problems, the Makermade speed control seems much more solid. I like the ER11 collet and it seems to be a better machine, have not had it long enough to know about how long it will keep going.
We stopped trying for chipload as it was working the router too hard, now we run it easy just like you are planning and I think it will be fine.

1 Like

Hey Bolzaro,

a hand trim router is made for short, hand-held use.

See here under “Warnings”: Makita RT0701C Manual

Makita Support confirmed that as soon you mount the Makita RT070xC into a CNC machine, the warranty is lost.

Welcome to the forum!