Makita Router Speed Dial Moving - Solved!

Hey Jennifer…
Was setting up a job with my roll of tape… daily habit … but…
I don’t have to do that anymore!
Ha ha :crazy_face:

1 Like

Old habits are hard to break. :smiley:

JENN

Too funny Jenn! :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

@Kanova802 any plans to sell the STL on Etsy? No shipping, no waiting.

Friends - I had the pleasure of interviewing Kyle and Derek - please check it out - it was amazing. They are great people and amazing human beings.

5 Likes

Totally awesome! I love it! Go Derek, Go Kyle! I’m so glad you’ve developed this ingenious device, I can’t thank you guys enough. :blush:

JENN

1 Like

John,

There is no STL as it is machined and then thermoformed in a fixture. Derek thought of making it with 3d printing, however the tabs would be to fragile and could break off easily at the layer junctions.

-Kyle and Derek

1 Like

Kyle - I suppose you post the DXF as a digital file. It would still have to be formed properly though.

-Tom

Kyle & Derek,
My apologies, I assumed incorrectly Your approach is certainly impressive on the small scale.

I think there are way you could do it with 3D printing, solid PETG is pretty durable. Vapor smoothed ABS, resin printed (I think - no experience with this one.) I am not saying these are better just an approach that would likely work.

Regardless, placed my order thru Etsy.

1 Like

Ordered mine! Actually 2, so I can put one on the back up router!

2 Likes

Hi, I ave 3 Makitas which need this speed stop but you don’t ship to the UK, is this likely to change if not is anyone in the USA willing to buy for me and ship it (obviously at my expense)

@woodseaves Eugene, let me see what I can do to open up shipping to the UK, cant be much more involved than shipping to Canada.

-Kyle
Kanova Workshop

Fantastic, looking forward to ordering.