I’ve had my X-35 for 3 years and have done software and hardware upgrades with no problems, but this one has me scratching my head.
Running 1.3.0-alphaa4 on the BB
*I installed the HD Z-20 and went to do the configuration setup. As always, I do a config backup first, but this time it’s not backing up right. Instead of the normal JSON file (like onefinity-20230614,JSON), all I get is Unconfirmed 372180.crdownload
*On top of that, after I did do the reset (I have backups anyway or can re-install) I chose the X-35 & Z20 and saved it, then all the Z would do is go to the top and make noise. Thanks to the forum, I solved that by reducing the stall voltage to .8
*BUT now my X & Y only traverse half way.
Should I do a re-install of the BB software? Should I flash the card?
Or am I missing something?
I would check your max soft limit and travel per revolution values for the X and Y, if it’s the original woodworker they should both be set to 816mm for max soft limit and 10mm for travel per revolution. The Journeyman X axis is 1219mm max soft limit and 16mm travel per revolution
Updated to 1.3.1
Set machine to X-35 Woodworker & Z-20
Z stall still not stopping
After setting Motor 3 stall voltage to .5, then everything worked perfect.
I now have full carriage movement
But I still cannot save the config file. Still getting Unconfirmed 372180.crdownload (different number everytime) which vanishes when the computer is rebooted (tmp file I gather?)
.crdownload (short for chrome download) is a download file in progress that doesn’t seem to be completing for some reason - perhaps try a different browser or incognito window (might be an extension blocking it).
This is interesting.
Before the update to 1.3.1, I had no problem saving config files. Even in 1.3.0 Alpha I had no problem.
But now I cannot save the config files in Chrome, not in a regular window, an incognito window, or even after the cache is cleared completely. I can only get the temp file (crdownload)
I hate hate hate Edge, but I can save the config from it.
I have switched over to Firefox which I use to use years ago, and I have no problem saving the config file from it.
Chrome was getting too bloated anyway…
Thanks for all the help,
This is what I did after installing the Z-20, yet the numbers are now different than they were before 1.3.0 (I must not have saved a config file after the 1.3.0 upgrade) but everything works perfectly. The Z I understand, but I would have thought that X & Y would have stayed the same. Attached are config files from 1.3.0 & 1.3.1. Note that I always add labels to my saved config files.
I’m not worried about it as it seems to be working fine, but thought you might like to see the files.