New to CNC’s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all!

So I’m new to CNC’s, Carveco, GCodes, Bits etc. I’m coming from the Laser world with Lightburn as my background. I feel like I stumbled into a beehive of problems right from the start. Where am I going wrong here? I downloaded the bits and bits files onto carveco with worse luck. I could only upload one picture, the issue I’m having is the bit will jam all the way into the .25 wood instead of a v carve

Gotta ask, did you zero your bit to your work piece?

If you DID reference your bit, this happens when your drawing references from the bottom, and you probe from the top of your project

1 Like

Yea, probed xy an z to 0

I’m definitely gonna sound dumb but I have no idea what you mean lol

When you probed for Z, did you probe to the top of your stock, or to the surface of your spoil board?
If you need to experiment first, try an “air carve”. Run your program with no stock in place.

1 Like

Also, did you home your machine before probing? Almost all new CNCers make this mistake, including me. The learning curve can seem daunting at first.

2 Likes

I probed Z on top of the block I was going to engrave. I messaged Onefinity and they mentioned to reset factory settings to my specific machine. It worked! I’m super pumped. The issue was the machine settings

2 Likes

OF product support is amazing. I’m really glad it was a simple fix!

1 Like

Goid deal glad its fixed. Happy cncing