New tool setter arrived - test results - NEW VIDEO

That looks pretty slick - the Masso interface is nice. This could be something I upgrade to - I have a desire to get a 4th rotary axis one day…

I am very happy with the Masso - it was an investment for sure - but it does all that I need it to easily. It will be equally easy for me to integrate a future ATC, and any components I would ever need with its ample number of assignable inputs and outputs. Support is great, and I like that they are continually upgrading its functionality.

1 Like

That’s a really nice setup, I think perhaps my next upgrade will be the Masso and a tool setter. I think there’s a company in the UK who are a distributor.

does the Masdso allow you to change the feed rates dynamically during a cut

Regards
Dave

The tool setter was from EMG Precision which are in UK.
With the new firmware, Masso allows feedrate override between 20-100%, and spindle RPM override from 10-150%. Several forum members have asked for increased FR override, but it has yet to be implemented. It is one of the features missing on Masso, that other controllers have.

does the Masso accommodate stall homing or do you have to add limit switches

1 Like

Limit switches. The software allows for auto squaring of Y and slaved B axes when proximity switches are used.

1 Like

Sorry TM, I don’t understand what that means, perhaps a better question would be what do you have to do to add the Masso control to your 1F.

Regards
Dave

There is a thread here about someone making a macro for the 1f controller to do this. Not sure if it will help.
Bit setter macro v2.0

1 Like

I wondered what physically you need to do to the machine to swop the control.

1 Like

You’ll need…
Masso controller and…
Drivers for stepper motors
Power supplies (PSUs) for stepper motors, and controller, sensors, etc
Proximity sensors for homing or limit switches
Cables for proximity sensors
Modify motor cables to connect with drivers
Wiring to connect Masso STEP/DIR axes outputs with drivers, PSUs to drivers and other components
Keyboard, mouse, VGA monitor

It is definitely an investment of time (research, build) and money.

You can see the enclosure I designed and built by searching “Masso G3 controller enclosure update”. I chose to build a more industrial version.
Jason Stewart is doing something similar with an Acorn controller - I would also check out his progress on 1F CNC Users Group FB page.

1 Like

Can you share some of the wiring and configuration with me? I am working on adapting a Tool Setter of my own and I’m curious to see how this system interfaces with the CNC.

Also curious if its looking for a specific signal or if the device is acting like a switch.

Here are the wiring diagrams for the tool setter. I have it wired to my Masso G3 tool setter input, and the over travel sensor I added to my overall Estop safety circuit. It is an optical trigger switch.

Sprite10 tool setter wiring (2).pdf (164.2 KB)

1 Like

Now Available: