New Waste Board

Hey Dave, hey all,

Valchromat, I don’t know. One more engineered wood. I like wood so much, and it has such outstanding technical properties, that i’m not exactly thrilled when you use it in a way where it first has to be shredded into a million little pieces before you even use it. But the real problem I see with all engineered woods is that you speak of the wood components, but don’t think enough about the fact that it now has a large proportion of components that are precisely not wood, but often very problematic synthetic resins, adhesives, etc. It’s not really wood at all anymore. However, these components are practically not mentioned at all in the marketing, but the material is treated as if it were still wood.

I also don’t understand why many people take MDF or other engineered wood when you actually want a wasteboard that is moisture tolerant and that doesn’t swell when it comes into contact with liquids. I think HDPE is much smarter and makes more sense than shredded trees that have been grouted with synthetic resin (and even then still swell when they get wet) (HDPE wasteboard example).

Just my thoughts on wasteboard material. You know I like your table very, very much Dave!