Oil for Maintenance

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 3 in 1 oil to use to conduct the periodic maintenance that the owner’s manual mentions?

Hey Will… Here is what I use… Hope this helps. Talk soon…

3 in one oil

4 Likes

Thanks Mark! At some point it’d be great if Onefinity would make a video of doing this. The manual is pretty clear, but it would still be helpful to see it actually being done.

1 Like

With regard to a maintenance video, the owner’s manual specifically states: “Note: It is highly recommended that you view our maintenance video prior to performing maintenance on your Onefinity CNC.” However, there does not appear to be a maintenance video on the Onefinity YouTube channel. @Mark can you point me to the maintenance video that is referred to in the manual?

Tagging @OnefinityCNC

We haven’t released it yet. Hopefully we get time in the next few months.

Hmm ok though it seems a bit weird that the user manual very explicitly tells people that they should watch the video before performing maintenance when there is no video…

We’re a very small team who thought we’d have more time to make videos and not machines after the initial presale. We were very wrong (in a good way for us). It should be coming in the next few months.

3 Likes

Just thought I’d chime in on this subject…
I noticed that Onefinity was using 3 in One oil in their video to maintain the machine…

I’ve been using Pneumatic Tool Oil… (what I use for my mechanic air tools), to “lube” up the screws and rails of the Onefinity…

I have found no ill effects and everything seems to run smoothly… Considering Pneumatic oil is based on mineral oil, and we tend to use a lot of mineral oil on our wood products… well… so far so good!

Just looking for other people’s thoughts on the matter of oils…
:sunglasses:

There’s a company called Universal that grinds lead screws. They make a grease (KS-46) that’s probably the best lubrication I have ever used for ball screws. I’m not sure where to buy it and I’m sure it’s pricey but it’s worth it. When I get my 1F I’ll call the company and ask about getting a tube.

Pressmanspride.com carries the KS-46 lubricant. You can get a tube for $14.21. It’s much less expensive than trying to get it from Universal.

How do I I oil the Elite Foreman screw drive. I watched a few videos and I will tell you what they are asking me to do is quite impossible, because there is no screw in the little brass fitting on the side of the gantry. So how do I oil the screw drive?