Onefinity Controller Stopping Mid-Program (solved: EMI / Static Build up)

INTERESTING…
So I actually just got the ferrite cores and threw them on there. While running, the onefinity blanks not only during a program running, but when the router is actually CUTTING. (This has always been the case, no change since the ferrite cores BTW.)

At one point I thought … “maybe the dust hose is causing issues” and lifted it off the steel front rail.

So this is a pic of my table. It is all steel construction with vibration isolation feet. And those feet are rubber. (This is important)

While monitoring the cut I randomly touched the front rail… and I got a little shock. :thinking:
I did it again immediately and nothing. But I did it again about 30 seconds later… and I got another shock. :bulb:

So get this, I think my table is building electrical charge and is discharging and interrupting the signal to the controller because it can’t discharge the electrical charge it is building!

So to verify I ran the rest of the program with the table grounded [read: I kept my hand on the front rail] and ZERO blinking out! :exploding_head:

I think I need to ground my table!

3 Likes