Online shop not accepting Visa !?

I’m trying to buy a Woodworker X50. However, at the end of checkout the shop won’t accept my payment, and gives the following error:

There is a problem with your payment
This transaction was declined by your bank.
Try a different method or contact your bank.

So I spoke with my bank. They assured me, that my Visa card worked fine, and suggested that maybe the Onefinity shop was at fault.

I’m a Dane living in Denmark, EU. I know that Canada banks use SWIFT for bank transfers, while the EU uses IBAN … Perhaps that is something to consider?

How do we proceed?

Is there any way you could try PayPal?

I would really prefer paying on my card, and PayPal isn’t something I’m interested in signing up for.

Maybe the online shop just has a glitch that will be fixed?

Otherwise a bank transfer could be used, but am not sure if Onefinity is able to.

OleS. If you pay through paypal, it will use your credit card. This is how users are getting around us not taking amex.

Are you saying, that I don’t have to have a PayPal account, to pay via PayPal?

You do have to have a paypal account to use Paypal as the payment processor. Personally I Pay with Paypal any chance I get that way I don’t have to enter my card details on every site. Also, although sometimes a pain, PayPal provides some protection for buyers in case of an issue with a seller.

1 Like

So, I did it … signed up for PayPal, and got my order through.

I’m just baffled that Visa turned out to be this useless.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Looking forward to receive my machine :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to the 1F community! You won’t regret the purchase, just a few bumps to overcome. In my opinion, couldn’t buy a better machine, excellent 1F support for their products, and the 1F community is a wealth of knowledge moving forward!

1 Like