Restarting carve on new toolpath

Hey all! Tonight I paused my machine and shut down in middle of a job. The toolpath had finished before this point. After an hour I went and rebooted the machine. Redid the probing and loaded the next file for the next step. It cut 1/8" off the prior path. Any guesses?

Without seeing how you did it I can’t really say what happened.
I am always concerned about the probe base touching the cutter between the flutes and not getting a clean touch on the high point of the flute. I always turn the cutter as the probe is running until a high spot is in line to contact the probe side. You have got to get the high point of the flute to touch.

I have the habit of always checking the origin again after I probe.
I just move away from the origin then press the origin button on the screen (the button between all the arrow buttons). Then bring the cutter down to just above the corner and sight along the X and the Y. You will certainly see if it’s out 1/8.
For Z I take the cutter to a place off the work, or over one of the dog holes in the table and press Z0 on the screen. Then move the cutter sideways to the work and check it.

I ALWAYS take a picture of the screen after I set my origin. This way I can easily get my origin points back if I have a power issue or have to shut down for any reason. I learned that trick here! So for example, if I probe my origin and X is 10.008 and Y is 6.094, and I lose power or have to shut down, all I do is run the following in the MDI:

G01 x10.008 y6.094

Hit run then set as zero. Done.