Rigid Zero Clearance Template

I love how I can use this for not only making cool handcrafts and such but also for useful things around the shop. I needed a zero clearance table saw insert for my Rigid. I wanted it for a 45 degree angle but I didn’t see too many out there to buy and what I saw was pretty expensive. So, why would I go out and buy something when I could spend hours tweaking and fine tuning a file then give it away to my colleagues? That would just be dumb. So, here it is if anyone else should need it. Made in VCarve. Please ignore the old Shaper tape. :wink: SVG is the raw file that will need to be cleaned up a bit. VCarve is the cleaned up file ready for use. I have the R4512 but can be adapted to any similar size insert.

Rigidzeroclearance.crv (512.5 KB)
Rigid zero insert

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I was getting ready to draw a generic one for myself when I saw this. Perfect timing.
Pony

1 Like

Which model of Ridgid saw is this for?

1 Like

See above. I have the R4512 but the file can be changed as needed.

1 Like

Wow, there it is, I must have missed the last sentence.

Thanks

Hahaha, no, you aren’t crazy, I edited the original!

nice! thanks for the good idea. It looks similar to my old craftsman. I’ll have to do the same.

1 Like

Dave,
I don’t see a SVG file in your post. I do have the Rigid R4512 and would like to bring the svg in to F360.

1 Like

Chris, its the image at the very bottom.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t think to try saving the image.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks While I don’t need any at present this is something I use on a regular basis. I have a jet table saw if the file needs to be changed that will only be a small change.

1 Like

Hey Dave, thanks for sharing. I also have an R4512 zero tolerance insert file I’ve been working on with additional cutouts to improve dust collection based on some other people’s research. Not sure if they help, but they can’t hurt :slight_smile: I drop this note in to let people know the R4512 zero clearance insert also fits perfectly in the Grizzly G0771Z (which is what I have).

1 Like

Here is the cleaned up svg.

Rigid zero insert

I am using a Grizzly 833P. Expensive inserts. Anyone else using, here you go.

Tablesaw Insert 3.crv (453.5 KB)

1 Like

Iused half inch MDF and then a couple of layers of poly to seal.

Thanks for sharing the file!

Just an update on this old thread:
Zero-Clearance Table Saw Insert for RIDGID R4512 (WITH riving knife slot) will also fit:
Grizzly models G0771 and G0771Z
Shop Fox 1837 (I have this one :slight_smile: