Spindle info. Anyone familiar with automation technology online (ATO)

I got a surprise a few days ago, my 1F is coming sooner than I expected. 27 Jan. I had planned on using a Huanyang spindle/VFD combo. Inexpensive, and seems popular with lots of support on various forums. I didn’t pull the trigger because I didn’t expect to get my 1F for another month or so, now its out of stock until mid March.
I’ve been running down other spindles of the inexpensive variety and came across the, ATO 2.2kw 2400rpm 80mm. Its 100 dollars more than the HY, which is fine, unless its just a rebranded Chinese model, in which case obviously I don’t want to pay more for the same thing.

Is anyone using an ATO spindle or have any familiarity with them?
Here is the link if anyone wants to take a look.

Not sure of the brand but it reads like a Chinese outfit:

ATO.com is your one-stop online shop to buy industrial automation equipment/electronics/components from Chinese manufacturers directly. ATO’s goal is helping saving your money by bypassing all kinds of local dealers/agents in buying industrial automation products for your systems. You will be enjoyed on how easy to make purchase on ATO online store, and with fast delivery & professional services.”

1 Like

It is. You’re paying more for the availability. Now vs waiting. How much is the delay worth to you? :slightly_smiling_face:

There is lots to be had from running the makita for a while.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation on ATO, that’s pretty much what I figured.
I would definitely use the Makita if I already had one, alas I do not, so might as well by spindle.