"Stacked" toolpaths in path view = under?

A picture is worth 1000 words, so I included many. Here is a brief description:

I am having an issue with the dreaded “under” error on the z axis after probing in preparation for action. After checking the forum, I found Onefinity’s post about the topic.

The recommended remedies help, sort of. Remedy 1 → works; but I have to put the material up on spacers. Remedy 2 → already complete. Remedy 3 → works; but the bit is only 1/8 inch engaged in the collet. Though I can successfully get the Toolpaths to say ok, I feel like I am covering up another issue (misunderstanding on my part), and it doesn’t feel safe (outcome of remedy 3).

The thing that didn’t really sit right with me was that even though the controller indicates “under”, I still had more than enough travel in the z axis to complete the work… So I dug a little more. This lead me to find what I am calling “stacked” toolpaths.

It looks to me that path view (camotics?) is starting the Toolpaths for the next operation, after a tool change, at the horizontal plane of the previous operation. This is resulting in the unnecessary need for more Z depth. When I raise the workpiece, the correct product comes out, but again, the Z axis has the physical range to do operation.

He is the setup: 2 parts in a single set-up, 4 operations, 3 tools, CNC controller v1.0.8. Below are screenshots of the parts and the first section of the G-code. I have included the G-code, because I suspect there is something I am doing wrong in Fusion 360.

Below are some screenshots and photos of the machine set-up process:

-preparation for probing XYZ

-status after XYZ probe

-proof that there is sufficient Z range

You can see that though the tool is in contact with the wasteboard (bottom of project) the same status is not reflected in the path view.

What have I done in Fusion 360 to make Camotics and the Onefinity Controller space my toolpaths out vertically? Any thoughts?

Thank you for sticking with me until the end…

Separate the toolpaths into different files. It’s a bug/limitation in the software that adds each retract +

Ok. I will. Thank you for the quick reply. Glad to “hear” that i don’t have a a major hole in my understanding of the process.

Did I miss this in another thread?

Thanks again.

So is this a bug in Fusion 360 or in the software of the controller?

it is my understanding that this is a bug in the controller.

In that case I think this is a serious issue which should be solved by Onefinity. I experienced the exact same problems as you did. It was driving me nuts before I discovered that the toolpaths were stacked. To have every toolpath in a separate file disrupts the workflow. It’s a workaround not a solution. @OnefinityCNC please fix this.

Hey I think I’m having a similar issue, any luck finding a fix or a good work around? My gcode appears fine when I simulate it in vcarve and camotics (but in camotics there isn’t a onefinity option for me so might not be the best way to simulate it), when I load the code to the onefinity controller I can see two separate toolpaths, one inside the blue box and the other one just below the blue box which is giving me errors preventing me from completing a carve. Would love to hear what you’ve been doing to get around this. Thanks!