Suggested 3D printer

FWIW, I was on the early adopter list for the printer last year with a deposit and I backed out, desiring to wait for the kinks to get worked out. I finally purchased mine with a ton of accessories, parts, and a dozen rolls of filament including the first AMS just a few months ago. It is a super impressive product. Others have stated it is Apple like quality and disruption. I cannot agree more. It destroys everything else in this price range and even some in the next category. I love it so much I purchased a second AMS for a few 8 color products I want to print.

Bambu Labs is executing great market disruption and product innovation and they will be rewarded with market share and profits.

@hingedthinker

Thank you for sharing the image of the X1. I’ve been printing on an Ender 5 for a while but holy cow, that X1. I went and looked at their website and started reading about them afterward. WOW!

For the time and money that I’ve invested in materials, and then tinkering with bed tramming, compensating for bed temperatures, ambient temperatures, failed prints, artistic spaghetti, etc… I wish I would have known about the X1 sooner.

Thank you!

1 Like

Tell me about it. First I bought a Creality CR10, fiddled and got it tuned but it needed to be in a box to work consistently. Then I built a core-xy 3DP from scratch… I’m not in the game to tinker with tools, I want to make stuff. I don’t miss all the fiddling…

@Timberly

@hingedthinker I completely agree with tools that just work. Well said.

1 Like

Mine X1C is now (almost) on the way back to Bambu for replacement. Each mail forward/back with them takes 1-3 days. So it has been a bit of a battle for a “DOA” unit.

And the DOA replacement policy is “send it back exactly as you received it” with picture documentation of every part in the box with RMA number visible on every photo. And replacement takes 9-15 business days.

So it is a hassle. But for anyone else buying X1C - keep your shipping materials until you are certain everything works and for the duration of the warranty.

I’ll try a replacement and hope that works better.

Another “got-ya” - if you order the bundle with AMS - you do NOT get any empty spools for material. You do get empty spools if you order the AMS by itself. That is not so well documented.

My Macbook has also given up on showing the Bambu studio App - it worked for a bit - until it did not. Complete removal and re-install did not work. Icon shows - but no “window(s)” pop up. My PC works fine so far. :slight_smile:

I use Macs exclusively and haven’t run into this. Doesn’t mean anything really. Bambu Studio has been reliable so far.

Bummer on your doa unit. I clogged the nozzle on my X1C last week. Put in some junk filament that it didn’t like. Still need to clean it up.

I am using an Anycubic Vyper going on 1-1/2 years.

1 Like

IF you Bambu studio windows go missing - it can happen if you have multiple screens.

I figured out that Bambu Studio “window” gets confused with multiple screens - and ONLY way to get the window back - is to disconnect all external screens. Nothing else works (cmd-tab/desktop overview/show all windows etc)

Still waiting for Bambu to approve my return with a lot of pictures of everything that is in the boxes…

I run a 32" and two 27" Dell monitors connected to my 2022 16" Macbook Pro and I never have run into that.

It has now happened twice for me. I have my external screen set as primary - MBP screen as secondary - and it happens if I keep Bambu Studio on the MBP screen while MBP goes to “sleep” - screen might disappear - it does not happen every time.

@Kaz

I’ve been using Mac and Linux systems for about 20+ years. PM me if you want to dig through some settings to sort out multi-display desktops. I don’t want to pull the thread off-topic.

For anyone else, you can checkout desktop and dock for mission control settings for spaces. Just search, as of Mac os 13 (ventura), the system settings is the worst design ever.

yeah, that is a known defect. Apple hasn’t fixed it. I got rid of most of the annoyance by turning on a screen saver. It almost never loses the monitor connections now.

We use bambu labs in house. Fantastic printers.

Just pulled the trigger on a P1S that is due to arrive this weekend! Glad to know I’m in good company.

1 Like

I have been very happy with my P1S.
So much so that I recently bought the AMS as well.

I find myself using my 3d printer more than my OF CNC, because of how easy it is to go from software design to product with Bambu printers.

2 Likes

Yes, 3d printer and a Onefinity go hand in hand! Great combo!

I bought mine with the AMS and can’t imagine switching filaments like a pleb! :wink:

I now have 4 Bambu printers working almost 24-7 compared to my Onefinity which sits most of the time, the exception is Christmas time when I do gifts for family and friends.
I was happy to see there are others who gravitated to the ease of use,

1 Like

This thread is pretty old, but as of December 2023, I’ve sold every single printer I have in favor of the vastly superior, set it and forget it speed printers of Bambu Lab.

https://shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=2282157&u=1606701&m=138211&urllink=&afftrack=

1 Like