Thoughts on my table design?

Hey UltrafoxStudio, hey all,

well the thing with the third dimension, I think that’s a bit in theory. Unless you have a robotic arm that puts your workpieces on your vacuum table, you’ll want the machine at a height that suits your spinal disc pain and with a bunch of space above it to lean over for manual clamping.

At this moment in the video, the young person says:

“Yeah the machine is going to sit a little bit lower than normal working height, but when I really think of it, I don’t actually need it at normal working height. The time I’m up close and personal with the machine is when either swapping out material or changing bits, so it’s really no biggie to kneel down for a few minutes at a time.”

Hahaha! You can only say something like that because you don’t really have to, and you have to when you really need to get work done with the machine. You say that if you are young (obviously), or because you are Japanese who are used to working on the floor. It’s a bit like when young people are unable to believe that they will become presbyopic at 45 until they do.

A drawer with the machine on it would be nice though. Would appreciate suggestions for drawer slides that support a Journeyman (weight), extendable by its entire depth

1 Like