Tool Path change **HELP** Newbie

Hey Timberly, hey Jarrod @Jarrodh

When diffing the g-code blocks, I can only see alteration in Z movements between these blocks (G1 is a modal command, it can be followed by any number of subsequent axes movements). The diffs show that it only mills deeper with every block, but the X and Y path does not change between the blocks.

I took Jarrod’s g-code from the first example an loaded it into the controller. The toolpath simulation is okay. It does not show the faulty path that Jarrod’s machine milled, so I would say, the g-code is okay, the machine is at fault:

Therefore I would check all the possible causes mentioned in the support document above and then try to reproduce the error.

PS: Considering the fact that the error is in the X, I would have a look at this:

I would avoid using hot glue as strain relief. It’s not flexible. Better retrofit real strain relief for X gantry Molex connectors to the machine. I would assume there is cable break where the wires come out of the hot glue. That could explain the fault seen very well (on the second example you posted too, Jarrod).

Also I would check the conductivity of the connector pins:

1 Like