Toolsetter Help!

Installed the toolsetter and tested it for the first time. I first probe the first bit for the first toolpath, then for the second toolpath i changed bit and used to toolsetter, it didnt work as planned, it went straight down to the spoilboard, my Z softlimit didnt stop it either! no harm done i had low feedrate and spindle was off, just testing. Someting is wrong.

I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHbQxBy7FA

Do you need to use toolsetter first after homing, toolsetter first then probe?

1 Like

Still not a very good explanation of the two different devices. I think the tool number details are needed and more details on tool setter location do’s and don’ts. Also on the touch probe should talk about the connections… I think stuff like this is needed but this did not do the best job to explain it. Would be good to maybe take apart the two devices and tie in the masso setting… Like whats inside the two devices??
Also show the “zero” position at different steps. I would also show some examples of were the tool setter is needed. I would also show some G code and explain how the tool number triggers things. Without all of this you will still get newbie without a clue

I just want to know if you need to use the toolsetter for the first bit, after you turn on the machine after homing, toolsetter > probe, then after you can use toolsetter for all other bit changes, is this how it works?

Yes, make sure that the bit installed is the one that Masso thinks is installed then home the machine.

1 Like

I always wait for the g-code to prompt a tool change before changing a tool. That way the machine always knows what tool is installed.
At startup, I home the machine (before changing the bit) and then load the new toolpath to run and set my x and y zero. press run and the machine will ask for a tool change and when I change the tool and press run again, the machine goes to the tool setter to set the z. Works perfectly.

1 Like