Tool Setter Homing Error

Hello, I just installed my Onefinity Tool Setter on my Elite Journeyman. I have mine at the front of the machine. X is 18.8271 and Y is -1.0715. When I home the machine, it goes home and as it starts to move to the tool setter it stops, and I get a Homing Error alarm and a B Motor Alarm. I can still jog the machine manually but it won’t automatically go to the tool setter. Any suggestions of why this is happening

You cannot have the tool setter in a negative number.

1 Like

That makes sense. I resolved that issue now the tool setter is no longer in input 11. It’s blank. I’ve restarted the Masso and it homes and then goes to where the tool setter is located but when the Z comes down and touches the tool setter is keeps going and trips the Z alarm. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Did you assign the tool setter to the input you have it wired to?

When I first set up the tool setter it was assigned to input 11. After I had the first issue I when into the Auto Tool Zero and unselected the “Enable Auto Tool Zero” so it wouldn’t keep crashing. Once you told me that the tool setter location can’t be a negative number I changed the Y location and tried again. That problem was solved but the Z started to error out. I double checked the instructions and noticed that the Tool Setter was no longer listed under input 11. I’m guessing the Masso wasn’t seeing the tool setter so it would crash when tried to probe for Z. I’m not sure how to add the Tool Setter back into the input. I also checked and made sure the Tool Setter wasn’t assigned to another input.

Tap the input on the F1 screen and select tool setter from the drop down list. Double check it is set LOW, and trigger it by hand - gently - it should go HIGH.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for the help.

1 Like