Easy tool setter help

I set up my east tool setter on my Elite Journeyman via the Onefinity YouTube guide. The guide is great, I have the tool setter mounted on a QCW. At the end of the guide after set up it says to Home the machine when they did the machine goes to home then moves over to the tool setter and the Z axis drops down and touches the Tool Setter. I followed the guide extremely close in fact 4 times but after I I home my Journeyman at the end of the guide it moves over to the tool setter and just hovers above it. It does not drop down to touch the Tool Setter. I thought that this might be what it is suppose to do but during a carve, when I changed the tool it does the same thing just hovers over the tool setter. It does not zero the Z. What am I doing wrong? Thanks team.

You may need to toggle the setting “Only auto tool zero when manually requested.” It should be unchecked.

1 Like

Thank you, its unchecked, but same issue. I’ll try toggling.

Hey Scott,

may be you have this issue (see also here and here).

At which position did you attach the Z assembly?

1 Like

I found the problem, Tool Setter must be set to Low in Masso. But what you have here may be another issue. I mounted the Z slider third hole up from bottom, second hole down from top. Yes, No?

1 Like

Hey Aiph5u, I didn’t realize you put hyperlinks in. With where I mounted my Z I can easily reach my spoil board with a surfacing bit. But thank you for your suggestion.

1 Like