UK Import Information/Help

If anyone can provide information regarding importing a Onefinety CNC into the UK it would be appreciated. I understand I need a “HS Code” to determine the duty to be paid as a percentage of the purchase price - does anyone know the code?

Also, I understand 20% VAT is applicable which it seems must also be paid on the $650 shipping costs and the $150 insurance making the machine very expensive at todays exchange rates.

Many thanks
Ken

Hi Ken,
I have added a link to the UK GOV web site for the duty rate below
https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/commodities/8458190000
I am also looking at a onefinity CNC import to the UK, you have answered one of my questions re shipping cost, thanks.
The HS code can be found in FAQ shipping - 8458.19 for UK use

As we pay tax (VAT) on import I don’t believe we pay tax at source, how much is the % reduction from Canadian tax, is this correct? Can Onefinity confirm this please

Hope this helps

Baz R

That’s USD using the information above and no Canadian tax reduction

Hi Baz,

Thanks for the information. I’d attempted to determine the HS number from the UK Government website and come up with a completely different code, although I was coming to the conclusion that there was no duty to pay, just VAT.

Your point about not having to pay Canadian taxes is a valid one and hopefully Onefinity will clarify this.

Regarding shipping costs; I don’t want to disappoint you, but the $650 was for a Woodworker X50 and as your Journeyman X50 is bigger and hence, heavier, I would expect the shipping to be higher, but make contact with Onefinity for a true figure.

With the current exchange rate, I may delay a purchase until it becomes more favourable!

Cheers,
Ken

1 Like

Hi Baz,

Just to let you know that I’ve been in touch with Onefinety and apparently the prices on the website do not include any Canadian taxes and so the price remains the same even though the machine is being exported out of Canada.

Cheers,
Ken