Understanding the GUI Visual Representation

Hoping to get a Clarification on what we See in the Web interface to hope better understand what the machine thinks it’s going to Cut.

cnc1

I guess I will clear out the obvious as I’m not an idiot, The yellow Pointer is clearly the Bit, and the Green & Red lines represent the cut.

I’m more interested in the White & Blue Lines, as they are all over the place. So is the White lines supposed to represent the Object that is getting cut and the Blue lines supposed to Represent the Bed of CNC?

If this is the Case it doesn’t from what I can tell look as if the White lines have any Realisitc Representation of the thickness. Also I see that the White lines in many of my tool paths dip slightly below the blue lines? If the blue lines represent the Machine Bed, and you have homes the machine and Zeroed off the top of the Material that is .45" thick why would it appear like this?

Though Asking these questions probably makes no sense leading me to believe I truly am not understanding what it is exactly that I’m looking at, hence why I am posting here to see if anyone might be able to clear that up for me.

Thanks for your time & consideration.

Blue lines are cutting area of the machine
White lines are the boundary of the vectors you are cutting. They are NOT the material boundary you are cutting (the machine has no clue what your material size is.

2 Likes

Thank you for the Response So the blue lines represent the entire plane of existence in which the router can reach and cut into. I think I got a grasp in what I am looking at now.

1 Like