Vinyl Tile Flooring Feeds and Speed and DOC

Was wondering what everyone is starting with when v carving luxury vinyl tile flooring?
I am using Makita and Whiteside 1550 fyi.

Thanks for the information.

Brian ,
I have never used “ luxury “ floor tile. What are you using it for and what is an example of “luxury “ floor tile. All of my work to date has been in wood , cherry and maple.

3.5 on the Makita, 100ipm feed speed

1 Like

Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring is just the vinyl version of lament flooring - it is just what they call it at least around here.

Pretty much everywhere I think. The difference is laminate is made on top of a thick fiberboard base, vinyl is similar and regular vinyl flooring is layered on top of a thin fiber backing. Luxury Vinyl Planking can be a thicker version of vinyl with multiple layers bonded together on top of a fiberboard backing. Or it can be solid vinyl & plastic (HDPE) for the top end. This version makes it waterproof instead of just water resistant.

We’re putting it throughout our new house so we won’t have to worry about water, buckling, mold underneath, etc. It is actually a touch more expensive than hardwood but it’s more resistant to scratching, dents, etc and doesn’t need to be sanded, waxed, stained, or other real maintenance. The stuff we’re putting in has a 50 year finish warranty - no scuffs, cuts, scratches, or breaks or it gets replaced. Since we’re building our last house, we wanted to not have to worry about getting the floors refinished every 10 or 15 years.

3 Likes

Exactly I was able to get some super cheap since was leftover special order, so thought why not do coasters.

Perfect for engraved coasters. Machines easily and more forgiving than acrylic at speed.

Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring is just the vinyl version of lament flooring - it is just what they call it at least around here. but there are more types of flooring hardwood flooring is better than vinyl flooring but i dont know about LVT Flooring anyone have idea of this flooring have a good option or bad if they are good option then help to find LVT flooring expert in Mississauga