What's on your table

Hey Dave, no offense at all :+1:

Yes if you want to wait a few days till .6 comes out of BETA that works, the big enhancements in .6 are the great speed enhancements but to be honest, getting your feet wet a little slower might be a good idea.

Personally, when I updated to .6 the machine moved so fast I jumped, as I was totally not expecting it, especially on XYZ Zero. You really want to make sure your hand and fingers are clean of the probe as it moves really quick.

-Alex

I just added my 2 coats of Danish Oil to these on Sunday for my daughter/son in law to give to their bridal party as gifts at their upcoming wedding on 1/16. Each of the groomsmen valets are personalized with something the groom picked and the ring trays are just the bridesmaids names because of the smaller size.

4 Likes

Alex,

I just got my machine on 12-24-20. I just made my first cuts… flattened the spoil board based on Mark Lindsay video and put markings on the board using Ben Meyer’s program. Both of those processes went really well… The thing that didn’t go well is my wife says it is too loud. So I need to find a muffler for my dust collector. The other thing I need is feeds and speeds for v-bits.

Be well,

Dave

you could upgrade to a much quieter spindle and not use your dust collection but rather clean up after each piece. Not perfect but much quieter.

Something related to the title of the post (“what’s on your table”) not the previous entry: a 100mm long 12mm diameter end mill - it’s great and very big. Viewed from my security camera as I’m not in the workshop. Using it to produce a parallel and perpendicular edge for vertical cutting. I must finish it tomorrow, or maybe the next day.

2 Likes