Where are the washers?

Oh a pocket whole screw… :astonished:

duh

Still going to use my flat washers though… :wink:

1 Like

I used these to mount the Y blocks to my aluminum extrusion. They seem to hold very well, but I also have 6mm dowel pins that engage the slot in the extrusion for more precision locating.

2 Likes

Is there a specific name for that type of hex bolt with the ‘integrated washer’? I may source those when I am ready to mount my CNC. Thank you, Tom.

Bill,
Is there a photo of your setup somewhere? We need a Setups/Enclosures Thread, if there isn’t one already.

Tom: yes, they’re referred to as “Flanged Socket Head Cap Screws”. I’m pretty sure you should also be able to get standard hex head bolts in this configuration as well. I got them from McMaster-Carr. If you do a search for Flanged bolts they will show up. Just be careful of the flange dia. vs. the size of the c’bore in the Onefinity.

2 Likes

John, there’s a few developmental pics here in this thread. I’ve got them sprinkled throughout the forum in various threads. Size for Machinist table - #18 by Laserlarry

There is an enclosure thread, if you do a search for “enclosures” I’m pretty sure you’ll find it (or them).