Where to find CNC Router/Milling Services?

Is there anywhere to offer CNC routing services to the general public?

I use to get jobs through 3DHubs (before being bought by Protolabs) and MakeXYZ (now only printing). I’ve tried searching for something, but not finding it. I can go through through Etsy and other sites to sell cookie cutter consumer goods. But I’m looking for somewhere that customers can submit customs jobs. Do I need to make my own website and do everything through Social Media posts now?

Or even a place that someone else with a CNC router could offer up work to sub it out until they get capacity.

Social media is probably your best bet, but I do know that Cam from the Youtube channel “Blacktail Studio” has a service called Makerbook. This is a service where you can rent out your shop or your time for people to use your tools.

I cannot speak about it personally but it seems like a good idea to register your shop for the possibility to grow your network or getting some extra cash. Your service follows whatever rules you have. This is just a place to post and connect with people interested

1 Like

I remember Cam mentioning this in one video, but forgot about it until now. Looks like it still being built up and fairly new, but good resource if there is something my small shed does not have.

I did just look at Fiverr also, but seems like a hard place to break into.

There are several online platforms and services that connect CNC routing service providers with customers looking for custom jobs. Here are some options you can explore:

1. Xometry:
  • Xometry is an online marketplace that connects manufacturers with customers looking for custom CNC machining services. They offer a wide range of manufacturing processes, including CNC routing.
  1. Fictiv:
  • Fictiv is a platform that connects manufacturers with customers seeking on-demand manufacturing services, including CNC machining. It allows customers to upload their designs and get quotes from manufacturers.
  1. Maketime:
  • Maketime is a platform that connects CNC machine shops with customers in need of custom parts. It streamlines the process of getting quotes and managing orders.
  1. 3D Hubs (Now Hubs):
  • While 3D Hubs has shifted its focus to Protolabs and 3D printing, it’s worth checking their current offerings as they may still include CNC machining services.
  1. Job Shops:
  • Some traditional CNC job shops also have online platforms or websites where customers can submit their designs for custom CNC machining services. You can search for local or online job shops that accept custom orders.
  1. Marketplaces (Etsy, eBay, etc.):
  • While you mentioned Etsy for selling consumer goods, you can also use it for custom CNC routing services. Set up a shop specifically for custom orders and promote your services through social media.
  1. Create Your Own Website:
  • Building your own website is another option. It gives you full control over your brand and allows you to showcase your capabilities. You can use platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, or Squarespace to create an online store.
  1. Social Media:
  • Utilize social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to showcase your work and offer custom CNC routing services. You can create posts, share your portfolio, and engage with potential customers.

When offering your services online, be sure to highlight your expertise, showcase previous projects, and clearly communicate your capabilities and pricing. Additionally, consider reaching out to local makerspaces, fabrication labs, or woodworking communities, as they may have members in need of CNC routing services or know of potential customers. For more information visit here https://sprinklenet.com/

1 Like