Woodworker Pro!

Well I finally was able to get the woodworker, I didn’t even know that had a “Pro” version until I went to order it. I went with it cause it came with a bunch of free stuff that I was going to buy with the original anyway. Took me 2 years to save up the money to get it. I really cannot wait to learn CNC for real. About a year and a half ago a man I work with gave me a little cnc machine, it’s not the best but I learned a lot from it. I have never made anything with it lol other then a pile of saw dust and a bunch of tore up scraps of wood from the job site. So getting this new cnc from 1F is going to be kinda a dream come true! I have been through almost every thread on this forum and I have watched YouTube videos until my head hurt, So if y’all don’t mind, From the people who own a 1F, what was y’all’s first project? Other than the spoil board, I mean what did y’all make for the first time with your machine? Not trying to steal anybody’s ideas or products, Just looking for inspiration. I’m thinking I’m going to make me and my wife some coasters with our name in them. Here the machine I been using, it’s a little dangerous but it’s helped me learn some and learn what not to do! Told the wife now that I made this upgrade I can save for another few years and get one of them MASSO screens lol, she told I better just learn this new one first. Thank y’all for the help you never knew you gave me!

1 Like

I don’t remember the first project I cut on the Onefinity, I spent the time waiting for it to arrive learning CAD/CAM and during that time I made around 25 different projects. Most of them were some sort of a dish or bowl with an engraving.

1 Like

Dishs or bowls, that’s a good idea, Thank you!

Hi Jamie,

I too came from a Sainsmart machine with the tiny router motor. Mine was the original 3018. I added limit switches and other small upgrades. That’s how I fell in love with this hobby. That and having years of CAD already under my belt, I just had to start learning the CAM (which I suggest you do).

First project aside from levelling the waste board were edge clamps. Keeping your workpiece situated securely is number one before starting any cut. Aside from 2 sided tape, sometimes I reinforce the part with these edge clamps I made. Particularly helpful when surfacing a thick board flat.

Make tools for your CNC with your CNC (I’m too cheap to buy them when I can make them). Those should be your first projects to help all of the next ones. Then you can have the fun with it like making cool profile charcuterie boards and so much else. At least that was my approach. Have fun and be safe.

2 Likes

You know I feel a little dumb now, I never thought of making the clamps for my work pieces. I just always thought about buying them. I could start making them on this little machine now before the 1F arrives! Great feedback thank you!!

2 Likes

You can also make tools like a wooden straight edge or square, corner blocks for clamping, even aluminum squares like machinists squares. I hear the machines are pretty accurate. Mine is in the boxes beside my right now haha. :smile: have fun

2 Likes

I jumped in the deep end with my first project and made my wife a prototype Harry Potter House Carve. It was not with the Onefinity, but with my first machine, a Shapeoko 3XL. I sold the Shapeoko to a friend and bought the woodworker pro… just waiting on it now. Start with a difficult carve… it may not turn out but it’s one helluva learning experience.

2 Likes

Hey XstormX,

if they’re still unopened, then you may be interested in this:

How to unpack the Onefinity packages
without destroying them

1 Like

Thanks, I was setting it up this evening