220V 2.2kW mating spindle connector

Greetings,
I need to know the spindle connector type that mates with the HY 2.2kW 220V spindle.

This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BYVT56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The spindle comes with the mating connector, so I have one.
I’d like to make another spindle cable and I need to know what I should purchase. Amazon has a page for a HY spindle connector but that’s different than my HY.

Russ

One of the product images on the Amazon page you linked says that the power interface is a “GX16 aviation plug marked with number 1,2,3,4”. Search Amazon for “GX16 4 pin”, and you’ll find some, both with and without pre-wired cables.

2 Likes

Hey Russel,

1 Like

I used this cable for my spindle, it is double shielded.

Hey Sylthecru,

when I watched the video that your link contains, I get an idea how people manage to fit a 12 mm cable into a flimsy “aviation” connector with a 7.8 mm strain relief – they don’t! I wish nobody would need to do such unserios things, but instead bought spindles with serious connectors.

The best thing is always to buy the spindle cable manufactured by the spindle manufacturer. All reputable spindle manufacturers offer this.

Also serious spindle connectors, like all high power connections, are never soldered, but crimped, or clamped with wire ferrules.

Anyway, be sure to fulfil the requirements described here:

The PE wire has to be connected to the fourth pin on both sides (crucial for safety) and the cable shield must be connected to connector housing(!) at the spindle end, and the other end of the shielding must be connected to the VFD control cabinet earth plate on the VFD’s end. Always connect ground and shield at both ends!

1 Like